Barbara Corcoran is an American businesswoman, Television personality and well-known investor. She has been famous for her appearance as a “Shark” in the reality TV show “Shark Tank”. She co-founded a real state brokerage firm called “The Corcoran Group” in 1970 with the help of a $1000 loan and build it into one of the largest and most successful real state brokerage firms in New York. Not only that, but she is also well known for books written by her.
Barbara Corcoran Bio, Net Worth, Age, Height & more
|Full Name||Barbara Ann Corcoran|
|Birthplace||Edgewater, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Date of birth||March 10, 1949|
|Height||5 feet and 4 inches (164 cm)|
|Age||74 (as of 2023)|
|School||St. Cecilia High School|
Leonia High School
|College||St. Thomas Aquinas College|
|Educational Qualifications||BEd (1971)|
|TV shows||$6.65 billion (as of July 2023)|
|Businesses||The Corcoran Group|
|Net worth||$100 Million (as of July 2023)|
|Social media accounts||Linkedin|
Barbara Corcoran Husband, Parent and Family
|Father||Edwin W. Corcoran Jr.|
Barbara Corcoran Portfolio
She has invested in more than 80 companies in the Shark Tank, and she has also made investments outside Shark Tank. Some of the notable ones are listed below:
- Scrub Daddy: 20%
- Squatty Potty: 15%
- Tipsy Elves: 10%
- Modern Christmas Trees: 10%
- Nardo’s Naturals: 5%
Awards Won by Barbara Corcoran
- Horatio Alger Award (2007)
- Real Estate Hall of Fame (2017)
- Enterprising Women of the Year Award (2018)
- Favourite Shark Award (2019)
Barbara Corcoran Books
- Shark Tales: How I Turned $1,000 into a Billion Dollar Business! (2011)
- Knocking on Doors: How to Create Your Own Luck (2012)
- The Barbara Corcoran Way: How to Turn Your Dreams into Reality (2013)
- If You Don’t Have Big Breasts, Put Ribbons on Your Pigtails: And Other Lessons I Learned from My Mom (2003)
Barbara Corcoran Book Recommendations
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future by Peter Thiel
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
Barbara Corcoran Quotes
- “Don’t you dare underestimate the power of your own instinct.”
- “The biggest challenge in business isn’t your competition, it’s what goes on inside your own head.”
- “The best time to expand is when everyone else is running for cover.”
- “The big question isn’t whether you have failed, it’s whether you’re willing to get back up and try again.”
- “In business, you’re the chief salesman. Create a sense of demand, rather than waiting to have demand.”
Less known facts about Barbara Corcoran
- She is dyslexic and had a challenging time academically during her early stage of schooling.
- Before Barbara Corcoran joined Shark Tank, she faced initial rejection as a contestant on the show.
- In 2019, for her 70th birthday, she held a mock funeral.
- Before founding The Corcoran Group, she has done many small businesses like babysitting services, cookie businesses, and waitress.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How old is Barbara Corcoran?
Currently, She is 74 years old (as of 2023)
How much is Barbara Corcoran worth?
Barbara Corcoran’s net worth is $100 Million (as of 2023)
Who is Barbara Corcoran’s husband?
Bill Higgins is Barbara Corcoran’s husband. He is a retired Navy Captain and former FBI agent who has participated in the Gulf War.
What companies do Barbara Corcoran own?
Barbara Corcoran, currently owns two companies, Barbara Corcoran Inc (a consulting firm) and Corcoran Ventures (an investment firm). She also owns a minority stake in Cousins Maine Lobster (a chain of seafood restaurants).
What is Barbara Corcoran famous for?
She is famous for her success in the real estate industry and her role as one of the “sharks” in the reality TV show “Shark Tank”.