Daymond John is an American entrepreneur, author, television personality, and investor. He is best known for being one of the “sharks” on the reality TV show “Shark Tank”. In the early 1990s, Daymond John co-founded the fashion brand FUBU (For Us By Us) with his friends. FUBU initially started as a small business, with Daymond and his partners selling their handmade hats on the streets of New York. The brand gained popularity and eventually grew into a global fashion empire, specializing in urban clothing.
Daymond John’s success with FUBU led him to become a highly respected figure in the fashion industry. He has since leveraged his business expertise and personal brand to invest in and mentor aspiring entrepreneurs. Daymond is known for his keen eye for emerging trends and his ability to identify lucrative business opportunities.
Daymond John Bio, Height, Net Worth & More
|Full Name||Daymond Garfield John|
|Birthplace||Brooklyn, New York City|
|Residence||New York City|
|Date of birth||February 23, 1969|
|Height||5 feet and 7 inches (170 cm)|
|Age||54 (as of 2023)|
|School||Bayside High School|
|Educational Qualifications||High school dropout|
|TV shows||Shark Tank (2009-present)|
The Apprentice (2004-2015)
The Next Big Thing (2010)
Next Level Success (earlier as Daymond John’s
The Shark Group
|Net worth||$350 Million|
|Social media accounts||Linkedin |
Daymond John’s Wife, Daughters & Family
|Wife||Denise Kaplan (1992-2009)|
Heather Taras (2018)
Yasmeen (from first wife)
Also Read: Lori Greiner: Bio, Husband, Age, Net Worth
Daymond John Portfolio
He has been invested in several companies through shark tank (more than 400 companies) and by partnering with some venture capital funds (like Harlem Capital Partners and The Queensbridge Venture Fund). Some of his most notable investments are:
- Bombas (17%)
- Squatty Potty (20%)
- The Grommet (10%)
- Shefit (33%)
- PRO-NRG (30%)
Awards won by Daymond John
- New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-selling author
- Brandweek Marketer of the Year (2000)
- NAACP Entrepreneurs of the Year Award (2006, 2014)
- Congressional Achievement Award for Entrepreneurship (2010, 2019)
- Ernst & Young’s Master Entrepreneur of the Year (2013)
- Webby Award for Best Host or Speaker (2021)
- NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work – Instructional (2019)
Daymond John Books
- The Power of Broke (2016)
- Rise and Grind (2018)
- Powershift (2020)
- The Brand Within (2007)
- Little Daymond Learns to Earn (2022)
Daymond John Book Recommendations
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- Zero to One by Peter Thiel
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
- Crushing It! by Gary Vaynerchuk
- The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco
Daymond John’s Quotes
- “Don’t focus on you, focus on what you can give others.”
- “If you really want something, stop chasing it.”
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.”
- “Entrepreneurs are problem solvers.”
- “Never give up on your dreams, no matter how hard things get.”
- “The only thing that stands between you and your dream is the will to try and the belief that it is actually possible.”
- The Crow: Wicked Prayer as Proud Foot Joe (2005)
- The Game as Himself (2013)
- The Real as Himself, episode 3 (2013)
- What Would You Do? as himself, Season 9 Episode 1(2014)
- Sharknado 2: The Second One as Himself (2014)
- To Tell the Truth as Himself (2016)
- The $100,000 Pyramid as Himself (2016)
- Dr Ken as himself (2016)
- All About the Washingtons as Himself (2018)
- Billions as himself, Season 5 Episode 4 (2020)
- The Masked Singer as himself / Fortune Teller, Season 8 Episode 3
- The Eric Andre Show as himself, Season 6 Episode 10
Less known facts
- Daymond John is dyslexic.
- He dropped out of high school at the age of 16 to pursue his entrepreneurial dreams.
- He started his first business, a clothing line called FUBU, with just $40.
- In 2015, Daymond John was appointed by former U.S. President Barack Obama as a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship.
- Daymond John was diagnosed with stage II thyroid cancer in 2016. He kept his diagnosis private but later went public to raise awareness about the disease and the importance of regular check-ups.
- Daymond John Foundation
- Shark Tank Kids
- The Shark Tank Effect
- The Rise and Grind Foundation
- Starkey Hearing Foundation
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is daymond john worth?
He has a net worth of $350 Million.
How tall is daymond john?
He is 5 feet and 7 inches (169 cm) tall.
How old is daymond john
He is 54 years old (as of 2023).
Who is daymond john married to?
He was first married to Denise Kaplan in 1992 and had two daughters together but they divorced in 2009. Then he married his second wife Heather Taras in 2018 and has one daughter together.
Where does daymond john live?
Daymond John lives in New York City.
How much is FUBU worth today?
FUBU is worth over $6 billion today. (as of 2023)
Who is the CEO of the shark group?
Daymond John is the CEO and founder of ‘The Shark Group’.
Which is the most successful investment of Diamond John in the shark tank?
He has done many successful investments in the Shark Tank but some of the most successful ones are Bombas socks (a sock company that donates one pair of socks for every pair sold).