Jim Rohn was a well-known American motivational speaker, author, and personal development philosopher who lived from 1930 to 2009. He was widely recognised for his motivational lectures on achievement, leadership, and personal development. Born on September 17, 1930, in Yakima, Washington, Rohn’s humble origins and early career struggles provided the foundation for his impactful messages. He rose to prominence as a speaker and mentor, sharing wisdom on topics such as goal-setting, time management, and financial independence.
Jim Rohn Net Worth, Bio, Height & More
|Full Name||Emanuel James Rohn|
|Date of birth||September 17, 1930|
|Date of Death||December 5, 2009|
|Died at||West Hills, California, U.S.|
|Buried at||Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale|
|Height||6 feet 2 inches (188 cm)|
|Age lived||79 years|
|School||Yakima High School in Yakima|
|College||Brigham Young University in Provo|
|Educational Qualifications||College Dropout|
|TV shows||Personal Power (1985-1995)|
Jim Rohn International
|Net worth||Around $50 to $100 Million|
|Social media accounts||jimrohn.com|
Jim Rohn Wife & Family
|Wife||Judy Rohn (1972-1978)|
Yvonne Rohn (1984-2009)
Also Read: T. Harv Eker Net Worth, Bio, Quotes, Books
Jim Rohn Career
- Early Career: Jim Rohn started his career as a human resource manager for Sears but he resigned and joined Nutri-Bio (a multilevel marketing scheme) and worked hard to expand it to Canada.
- Motivational Speaker: After meeting Earl Shoaff, Shoaff mentored him and taught him the principles of personal development. He was very inspired by Shoaff’s teaching and began public speaking about personal development.
- Author: He had written several books including some of the best seller’s books on personal development including “The Art of Exceptional Living” and “Seven Strategies for Wealth & Happiness”.
- Mentor: He had mentored many people, including Tony Robbins. He believes that everyone has the potential to achieve great things and helped many peoples to achieve their potential.
Awards Won By Jim Rohn
- CPAE Award from the National Speakers Association (NSA) in 1985
- Master of Influence Award from the NSA in 1995
- Golden Gavel Award from the Toastmasters International in 1997
- Hall of Fame Award from the Personal Development Speakers Hall of Fame in 2007
- Named one of the “Top 20 Living Legends” by the American Success Magazine
Also Read: Mark Cuban Wife, Bio, Height, Net Worth 2023
Jim Rohn Books
- The Art of Exceptional Living (1986)
- Seven Strategies for Wealth & Happiness (1996)
- The Power of Ambition (1998)
- The Five Major Pieces to the Life Puzzle (2000)
- My Philosophy for Successful Living (2007)
- Achieving Your Goals: How to Set Goals and Achieve Them (2006)
- The Seasons of Life (2001)
- Twelve Pillars (1997, co-authored with Chris Widener)
- The Treasury of Quotes (2005)
- Ultimate Success: The Success Habits of Highly Effective People (2004)
- Leading an Inspired Life (2007)
- The Day That Turns Your Life Around (2007)
- Take Charge of Your Life (2006)
- The One-Year Success Plan (2005)
- The Time Tested Truths of Success (2003)
Jim Rohn Book Recommendations
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
Jim Rohn Quotes
Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.”
“Either you run the day or the day runs you.”
“Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better.”
“Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.”
“The best way to predict the future is to create it.”
“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.”
“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
“The more you learn, the more you earn.”
“The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Jim Rohn’s favourites
|Book||“Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill|
|Quotes||“Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better.”|
|Person||His wife, Yvonne Rohn|
|Thing||His Personal Development Library|
|Music||Classical music, especially Beethoven|
|Movie||The Shawshank Redemption|
|TV Show||The Andy Griffith Show|
Less known facts about Jim Rohn
- He dropped out of high school at the age of 14 to help support his family.
- He worked as a janitor and gas station attendant before starting his own business.
- He was a mentor to many people, including Tony Robbins.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What was Jim Rohn’s net worth?
Jim Rohn never disclosed his net worth publicly, but it is estimated to have been between $50 million and $100 million at the time of his death. He was a successful entrepreneur and motivational speaker, and he earned a significant amount of money from his books, speeches, and seminars.
How did Jim Rohn die?
Jim Rohn died on December 5, 2009, at the age of 79. He had been diagnosed with cancer a few years earlier, and he died from complications of the disease.
What is Jim Rohn’s most famous quote?
Jim Rohn has many famous quotes but one of the famous quotes is “Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better.”
How old was Jim Rohn when he died?
He was 79 years old when he died.
How did Jim Rohn make his money?
Jim Rohn made his money through a variety of sources, including motivational speaking, book sales, seminars, product sales, and royalties. He was a very successful entrepreneur and motivational speaker, and he earned a significant amount of money from his various business endeavours. However, he was not motivated by money. He was motivated by a desire to help others.