Lori Greiner is an American entrepreneur, inventor, and television personality. She was born in Chicago, Illinois, on December 9, 1969. Greiner is most known for being a “Shark” on the reality television programme “Shark Tank,” where business owners present their ideas to a group of investors, including herself, in the hopes of securing an investment.
Due to Greiner’s success in selling her inventions on the QVC shopping channel, she has earned the title of “Queen of QVC“. She possesses more than 120 patents for her innovations and has developed and launched more than 700 goods. Some of her most popular goods are the fitness tool Simply Fit Board and the Scrub Daddy sponge, which became the highest-grossing item in “Shark Tank” history.
Lori Greiner Age, Net Worth, Bio & more
|Other Name||Queen of QVC|
|Birthplace||Chicago, Illinois, U.S.|
|Date of birth||December 9, 1969|
|Height||5 feet 4 and inches (163 cm)|
|Age||53 (as of 2023)|
|College||Loyola University Chicago (BA in communications)|
|Educational Qualifications||BA in communications|
|TV shows||Shark Tank (from 2012)|
Clever & Unique Creations by Lori Greiner (2000-2013)
Beyond the Tank (2015-present):
The View (2017)
Sharknado 4: The 4th Awakens (2016)
|Businesses||For Your Ease Only (1996)|
|Net worth||$150 million|
|Social media accounts||Instagram|
Lori Greiner Husband, Family & More
|Father||David L. Husman|
|Mother||Lois Arlene Husman|
Lori Greiner Portfolio
- Scrub Daddy (generated over $100 million in sales)
- Bantam Bagels (expanded to over 1,000 stores nationwide)
- The Squatty Potty (generated over $200 million in sales)
- Invisiplug (sold over 10 million units)
- Cordaroy’s (sold over 1 million pillows)
Awards won by Lori Greiner
- Emmy Award (4x) for Outstanding Structured Reality Program for Shark Tank (2014, 2015, 2017, 2021)
- Critic’s Choice Award (6x) for Best Reality Show for Shark Tank (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- National Retail Federation’s “Innovative Woman of the Year” (2012)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council’s “Woman of the Year” (2015)
- Glamour Magazine’s “Woman of the Year” (2016)
- Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Entrepreneur of the Year” (2017)
- CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” (2018)
- Forbes’ “America’s Most Powerful Women” (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
Lori Greiner Book
- Invent it, Sell it, Bank it! – Make Your Million Dollar Idea into a Reality
Lori Greiner Book recommendations
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- Zero to One by Peter Thiel
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
Lori Greiner Quotes
Entrepreneurs are the only people who will work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week.”
“Dear optimist, pessimist, and realist – while you guys were busy arguing about the glass of wine, I drank it! Sincerely, the opportunist!”
“I believe that if you truly believe in what you are doing, and you stay true to yourself, you will be successful.”
“I am a big believer in visualization. I run my Olympic races in my head, so I know exactly what I need to do.”
“Ideas are free. It’s all about execution.”
“The best entrepreneurs are the ones who fail the most and don’t take it personally.”
“It’s called ‘Shark Tank,’ not ‘Dolphin Tank.’ If you can’t swim with the sharks, stay out of the tank.”
“You have to be willing to take those risks if you want to be an entrepreneur.
Less known facts
- She is the owner of more than 120 domestic and foreign retail goods patents.
- Her investment in Scrub Daddy, a business that makes a household sponge with a variable texture, was hailed as one of the greatest achievements in Shark Tank history in 2014.
- Greiner was rejected by the network before she had a successful show on QVC, and they only realised their error after her popularity on a competing channel.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How did Lori Greiner become a billionaire?
She has made millions by selling more than 1,000 products, including some of the most well-known jewellery and cosmetic organisers ever manufactured. She sold her products to QVC and retailers across the world.
How much money is Laurie Greiner worth?
Laurie Greiner has a net worth of around $150 Million.
How many companies does Lori Greiner own?
She has been invested in more than 100 companies, but she doesn’t own any company with a 100% stake in it.
Which is the most successful investment of Lori Greiner on Shark Tank?
Scrub Daddy is the most successful investment of Lori Greiner on Shark Tank which had generated over $100 million in sales.
When did Lori Greiner join Shark Tank?
She joined Shark Tank in 2012.